Accounts Manager of Mortgage Lending
The First State Bank is taking applications for an opening as an Accounts Manager of Mortgage Lending. The qualified applicant is an individual with experience in banking, specifically the mortgage industry. Both strong accounting and computer skills will be necessary to succeed in this position.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage the hedging program by writing database queries and organizing registrations to ensure appropriate information in the pipeline hedging model, executing hedges based upon that model, and overseeing, filling, and delivering contracts based upon the mortgage loan flow.
- Supervise secondary marketing of mortgages by directing the secondary marketing clerk on new products and software applications; and to resolve any problems that the staff or Community Mortgage Network customers may have relating to the purchase and/or sale of loans.
- Perform duties as consultant and advisor for all banks connected with the Community Mortgage Network.
- Establish Community Mortgage Network bank communications by creating a defined target marketing program, and implementing a business development calling program.
- Perform duties as the Freddie Mac liaison by frequent communication with our Freddie Mac account representative regarding any changes in policies and procedures, conducting training for our mortgage personnel on the automated underwriting system and delivery platforms, and performing research on underwriting or general loan questions from staff and Community Mortgage Network customers.
- Maintain the mortgage trust account by performing accounting duties to ensure the account’s accuracy.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the mortgage products offered by First State Bank.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor towards customers, colleagues, and management at all times.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Other duties include being able to underwrite mortgage loans, and to assume duties of the escrow manager and investor reporter when necessary.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred or equivalent years of job experience.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of the loan originating and processing, documentation requirements, and compliance issues of mortgage lending.
- Knowledge of loan pricing.
- Knowledge of fundamental tenants on principals of hedging.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Microsoft Office and other software applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsible for the work flow of the department and the supervision of associates.