The First State Bank is taking applications for a Compliance Specialist. The qualified applicant will be expected to monitors programs for compliance with laws, regulations and rules governing operations and product offerings. The applicant will also reviews bank policies and procedures for compliance.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintain legal and regulatory compliance by researching and communicating requirements; obtaining approvals.
- Manage audit activities, policies and procedures by planning, scheduling, directing internal audits of department and branches, and preparing audit reports.
- Prepare audit reports that identify deficiencies and recommend a timely resolution for the problem areas. Monitor all major exceptions until they are resolved.
- Recommend changes and upgrades to audit procedures as necessary.
- Attests to the effectiveness, efficiencies and appropriateness of managerial policies.
- Research regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information.
- Maintain a compliance resource library.
- Keep other departments abreast of requirements by researching regulatory and filing information; writing and communicating guidelines.
- Distribute literature from regulatory authorities, trade associates and other sources pertaining to compliance regulation to responsible functional areas.
- Provide advisory services when management is developing internal controls for new systems or revamping an existing system.
- Provide advisory services for product development issues, such as pricing and regulatory concerns.
- Compile information by providing overviews of product disclosures.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain rapport with regulatory personnel by arranging continuing contacts; resolving concerns.
- Communicate with the external auditors and bank examiners to streamline examinations and external audits.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Review organizational structure and related operations and their impact on profitability.
- Identify areas of risk, such as the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing program for training personnel.
- Monitor resolution of consumer complaints.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Two (2) or more years’ experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance procedures and practices, and demonstrated success in a similar position is preferred.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills to develop relationships with employees, management and customers.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and other software applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.