Commercial Loan Officer for
We are taking applications for an open Commercial Loan Officer position at the Barboursville branch. The qualified applicant is an organized individual who possesses the ability to build relationships with potential customers as well as provide information and guidance by recommending new opportunities and improvements. Experience with U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) lending is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred or equivalent years of job experience.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Effective interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a successful producer and loan portfolio manager.
- Ability to maintain work flow in a highly detailed and time critical manner.
- Understanding of the SBA lending process and guidelines necessary to comply with necessary regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough and effective understanding of the computer systems; specifically but not limited to Microsoft Office, Creative Vision, Open Solutions OSI and additional programs as necessary.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintains relationships with customers by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Increases stakeholder value by establishing functional objectives aligned with corporate mission; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing new strategic initiatives; enhancing the organization's stability and reputation; measuring and ensuring profit and service driven outcomes.
- Guides and directs the activities of personnel within his/her department.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrate an ability to accomplish these tasks in a time critical manner.
- Builds relationships with business owners to increase commercial demand deposits.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of loan pricing.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the bank's procedures and guidelines for making acceptable loans.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of proper procedures and guidelines for the processing and documenting of loans.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all fields related to the processing and closing of loans in specialized lending software.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all fields related to the booking of loans in core banking software.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward customers, colleagues, and management.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please go to our full site on a computer to apply