Online Banking Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I can't remember my password?
- What is the mobile banking URL?
- I'm locked out what do I do?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I check my balance history?
- How do I add a payee to bill pay?
- Does this cost me anything?
- How does online banking work?
- How do I sign up for online banking?
- How do I sign up for mobile banking?
- How are recurring transfers setup?
- How do I change my email address?
- Why are passwords cAsE sEnSiTiVe?
- Can I receive e-statements or can I get them in online banking?
- Can I nickname my accounts so I can tell them apart more easily?
- Nothing happens when I click the 'Check Reorder' link.
- Bill pay is slow or doesn't display correctly.
- I tried an instant transfer and received an error message.
- I checked my balance at 3:30am and the running balance in the transaction register is not correct.
- How do I select multiple messages to delete?
- I would like to find a certain transaction/check number/payee/amount.
- I only see one of my accounts on bill payment. How do I get my other one(s) listed?
- I keyed in a transfer a week ago, and it never hit my account. What happened?
- I need to change the account/amount/date on a recurring transfer. How do I do that?
- Can I change my username?
- How do I print my transactions?
- How do I export transactions to Quickbooks or Quicken?
- How do I add an account to online banking?
- Is online banking secure?
- What browsers are supported?
- What settings are recommended for internet cookies?
- What about for my iPad/iPhone?
- What are the recommended browser-specific settings?
You can reset your password online by using the Forgot Password function. Click the 'Forgot Password' box on the login screen and follow the instructions.
Here is a video that shows the password reset process. (Video may take a few minutes to load. Sound should be turned on.)
You must sign up for mobile banking from within online banking. To sign up for mobile banking simply sign into Online Banking and choose Mobile under the Preferences menu. Please don't forget to set up a mobile authorization code, too. A mobile authorization code is needed to perform mobile transactions.
The mobile login URL is: https://secure.onlineaccess1.com/FirstStateBankMobile/Default.aspx
You are automatically unlocked after 3 hours. If you need immediate assistance please call us at 1-800-482-7640.
Sign into online banking. Choose Security from the Preferences menu.
Login to online banking and double click the account. You can view up to two years of history in online banking.
Click the bill pay link in online banking. Click the payee link.
Payees can be added by selecting them from our payee list or you can fill in the payee name and address.
The online banking service is free. However some features, like stop payment or wire request, do have a fee. Our fee schedule is available online.
After you complete the online banking enrollment form, you will receive an email with your username and temporary password.
Complete the online banking enrollment form and fax, email, or bring it in to any branch.
Login to online banking and select 'Mobile' in the Preferences menu. Please follow the on screen instructions. We have a separate mobile friendly login page.
- If you would like to set up a recurring transfer online, you would follow the same process as a one-time transfer except you will change the option under Enter Payment Frequency to Recurring
- Choose Frequency
- Determine Recur by (Days of the Week or Calendar Days)
- Select either Initiate the transfer every month (or week, depending on frequency chosen) or Initiate the transfer every __ month(s) (key in number of months/weeks).
- Choose one of three End Date options.
Step 1: Sign in to online banking.
Step 2: Select 'Address Change' menu on left.
Step 3: Enter your new information.
Step 4: Select which accounts this will affect.
Step 5: Click 'Submit' button.
The First State Bank takes security very seriously. The more complex your password is, the harder it is to guess or use a password cracking tool.
Case sensitivity, along with a number, helps protect your account.
Not only can you access e-statements for free, but you can view your check images as well as previous bank statements and print for your records whenever you want.
Or you can save your paper and just view online at any time with the comfort in knowing that it's the easy, secure way to see your statements.
If you wish to save your e-statements in pdf format, use this free pdf printer * (note this link takes you away from The First State Bank Website).
Click on and the print dialog will pop up. Choose the PDF4Free printer and click "print."
YES! Login to online banking and select 'Account' and enter a display name.
You have pop-ups turned off. If using Internet Explorer please go to Tools>Pop-up Blocker>Pop Up Blocker Settings>Add https://secure.onlineaccess1.com
If you are using Internet Explorer please go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy Tab.
Click the 'Sites' button and enter https://secure.onlineaccess1.com
The First State Bank performs routine maintenance Sunday nights from 8pm to 8:10pm and from 11:45pm-4:001m. Instant transfers are not available during this time.
We also perform system maintenance Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 6:50am-7:00am.
Transaction information is updated daily at 3:30am and you may see incorrect running balances during this time frame, but your current and available balance information is always correct.
Press the control (CTRL) key and select messages you wish to delete.
- You can search for specific information within the history presented by choosing the Search option.
- There are multiple Search Options from which to choose.
- Click Display, Choose either Display Results or Export to File
- Click the Submit button.
Click on Preferences/Bill Payment. Select the account(s) you wish to add, and click Submit.
Check the Online Activity menu. If the item's status is Drafted it was not processed.
Recurring transfers cannot be changed. Cancel the entire series of recurring transfers and set up a new recurring transfer.
Yes. You can choose any username you desire by calling a customer service representative at 1-800-482-7640.
- Sign into Online Banking.
- Double click the account.
- Search for specific information within the history presented by choosing the Search option. Choose Range of Dates.
- Enter the dates you wish to print. Click the Submit button.
- Click the print icon
- On the left side menu, click History
- Select the account from the Account: drop down menu. In the example below the account ends in 5808.
Click the Display button. Choose Export to File.
Choose the format type (xls, csv, Microsoft OFX, Quicken or QuickBooks)
- Save the file.
- Load the transactions according to your financial software.
Please send a secure online message to Customer Service asking for the account to be added.
You can also call a customer service representative at 1-800-482-7640.
There are a number of ways to keep your account secure.
-- Setup a phishing phrase by going to Security and click the 'Phishing Phrase' tab. The phishing phrase will display on the login screen to reassure you that you are logging into The First State Bank's online banking website.
-- Set account alerts to be notified when balance information is above or below a specified amount.
-- Always sign off after an online banking session to protect the security of your information.
-- Have a strong password that includes letters, numbers, and special characters (!@#$%^&*).
We support the Current Version* of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
*By "Current Version", we mean a version of the software that is currently being supported by its publisher. For Windows XP, the current version of Internet Explorer is IE 8. For Windows Vista, the current version of Internet Explorer is IE 9. For Windows 7, the current version of Internet Explorer is IE 10.
Websites store cookies on your computer. These assist the website in remembering your settings and loading more efficiently.
Click HERE here to view a document that will assist you in choosing the settings in your internet browser that will lead to a better online banking experience.
If you are experiencing issues logging onto online banking using your iPad/iPhone, your settings may be incorrect.
Click HERE to view a document that will show you how to choose the correct settings.
Depending on the browser you are using, there are certain settings that should be changed in order to enhance your online banking experience.
Click below on the name of the browser that you are using in order to download instructions on making important changes to your browser's settings.
INTERNET EXPLORER SAFARI
*The First State Bank provides the [www.pdfpdf.com] Web site as a service to the public and Web site owners.
The First State Bank is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date.
Although the The First State Bank Web site may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including Web sites, The First State Bank is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
Links from The First State Bank to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by The First State Bank of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the Web site of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by The First State Bank, and The First State Bank has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.