The First State Bank is taking applications for an open Commercial Lender position at the Barboursville branch. The qualified applicant is responsible for developing new business, underwriting, structuring, and the closing of commercial loans, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. Represents the bank in local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing all of the bank's products and services.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or Economics from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred or equivalent years of job experience.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Effective interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- A minimum of 2 years commercial lending experience.
- Ability to maintain work flow in a highly detailed and time critical manner.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough and effective understanding of the computer systems; specifically but not limited to Microsoft Office, Creative Vision, OSI and additional programs as necessary.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Monitor an existing commercial loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings, collateral and early identification of potential problems.
- Source, develop and underwrite new construction, interim, and permanent commercial, consumer and mortgage financing requests of new and existing customers.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income, and selling of all bank products and services.
- Demonstrate financial analysis by inputting financial data into the banks computer systems in order to prepare data for analysis, this includes calculating ratios, preparing financial spreadsheets, cash flow analysis, requesting credit information; reading business plans or other pertinent information, analysis of this information and the writing on a summary and opinion of the findings.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank as required.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the banks procedures and guidelines for making acceptable loans.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of proper procedures and guidelines for the processing, documenting and booking of loans.
- Support the bank's strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- Prepare analytical reports, summaries and opinions for bank officers on commercial loans by planning and evaluating department activities.
- Daily review, approval and disposition of commercial overdrafts.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward customers, colleagues, and management.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed above are the only duties to be performed by the associate. Associates are required to follow job-related instructions and perform other job-related activities requested by their supervisor.